The Best Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
This easy recipe uses common ingredients. Rotisserie chicken, celery, and onion gets coated in a simple, tangy, mayo-based dressing.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken - pulled or chopped. I use pulled rotisserie chicken*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- For serving: crackers, bread, tortillas, lettuce leaves, etc.
In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the chicken, celery, and onion. Stir until the chicken is evenly coated in dressing.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to four days.**
*If you use rotisserie chicken, wait to add the salt. Some rotisserie chicken is very salty. You may want to skip the salt altogether.
**Chicken salad is best after it has chilled in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Serving: 1/4th of the recipe | Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg