Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup is an easy 20 minute recipe. It’s full of sausage and cheese tortellini in a flavorful tomato cream broth.
How To Make Sausage Tortellini Soup
*Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe and step by step video are at the bottom of this post.
- Add Italian sausage and chopped onion to a large pot.
- Break the sausage apart.
- Cook until the sausage is brown.
- Add chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add cheese tortellini, chopped spinach, and heavy cream.
- Cook until the tortellini is tender.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.
How To Store
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Or, store in the freezer for up to three months. Transfer the container to the refrigerator to thaw the day before you want to reheat it.
More Great Soup Recipes
Sausage and Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion -chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 19 oz. cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Optional: grated parmesan for topping
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add the sausage and onion. Break the sausage apart with a spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add the tortellini, spinach, and cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini is tender, around 4-5 minutes.