Brown Sugar Pancakes are an easy one bowl pancake recipe made with common ingredients and lots of brown sugar.
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
Brown Sugar Pancakes Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted & slightly cooled
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra butter to grease the skillet
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs. Whisk until well scrambled.
- Add the milk, brown sugar, and butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk just until there is almost no dry flour visible. But, leave plenty of lumps. Do not whisk this until it is smooth.
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of butter in a large skillet and place it over medium-low heat. When the butter is melted, add 1/4 cup full of batter to the skillet for each pancake. I typically make 4 pancakes at a time.
- When bubbles start popping in the center of the pancakes, it is time to flip them over (3-4 minutes). The bottom should be golden brown. If they are too brown, lower the heat.
- Cook until the center of the pancakes is done (about 2 minutes).
- Carefully wipe out any excess browned butter with paper towels. Repeat with more butter and pancake batter.
- Serve topped with maple syrup.