Pesto parmesan baked chicken is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients that can be made in about 30 minutes.
The chicken breasts stay juicy because of the crispy flavorful crust made from just a few ingredients. This recipe can be made in about 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal. And, it’s family friendly.
How To Make Parmesan Pesto Baked Chicken
*Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Cover evenly with pesto. I like this basil pesto. But, any pesto will work.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the pesto.
- Sprinkle panko breadcrumbs over the parmesan.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is crisp.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat
The crisp topping is best straight out of the oven. The oven is also best for reheating.
If frozen, transfer the chicken to the refrigerator to thaw the day before you want to reheat it.
Place the chicken in a broiler safe baking dish or baking sheet. Reheat in a 300°F oven until it’s warmed through (about 15 minutes). Then, switch the oven to broil. Broil the chicken until the topping is crisp.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Pesto Parmesan Baked Chicken Recipe
- 4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9×13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the pesto and spread it out into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the parmesan.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.