You only need three ingredients for the taco meat in this easy slow cooker taco recipe: chicken, taco seasoning, and guacamole salsa.
It takes less than five minutes to prepare these crock pot chicken tacos. And, they have so much flavor from the guacamole salsa.
How To Make Crock Pot Chicken Tacos With Guacamole Salsa
*Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe with step by step video is at the bottom of this post.
- Add boneless skinless chicken breast to a large slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a packet of taco seasoning.
- Pour guacamole salsa over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for six hours, or high for three hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks or a hand mixer.
- Serve in hard or soft taco shells.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings: extra salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, lime, etc.
I found this Herdez Guacamole Salsa (no affiliation) at Walmart and Meijer. I think most major grocery stores carry it. But, really, any salsa will work in this recipe. Salsa verde would also be really nice.
How To Store
Transfer any leftover taco meat to a sealed container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to five days. Or, store it in the freezer for up to three months. Transfer the container to the refrigerator to thaw the day before you want to serve it.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Crock Pot Guacamole Salsa Chicken Taco Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 oz. packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole salsa -or your favorite salsa
- For serving: Hard or soft taco shells
- For serving: Taco toppings: extra guacamole salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, lime, etc.
- Add the chicken in an even layer to a large crock pot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour the guacamole salsa over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for six hours, or high for three hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks, or a hand mixer.
- Serve the chicken in taco shells with your favorite taco toppings.