Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein is an easy recipe full of chicken, veggies, noodles and an easy flavorful sauce. Even the kids will love it.
Chicken Lo Mein
Everybody in my family loves noodles, so this recipe is always a hit. In this simple slow cooker adaptation of the popular Asian take-out dish, chicken thighs and loads of veggies get simmered all day in a sweet and savory sauce.
How to make Easy Chicken Lo Mein
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add onions and chicken thighs to a large slow cooker.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and celery.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic to a small bowl, and whisk.
- Add the sauce to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook.
- Remove the chicken.
- Pull it apart into large bite size chunks.
- Add sugar snap peas or snow peas and water chestnuts.
- Prepare the noodles.
- Add the chicken and noodles to the crockpot.
- Stir and serve.
How to Serve
Lo mein noodles are the most traditional option, but really any type of noodle or pasta would work great. I most often use fettuccini pasta in this dish because I always have that stocked in my pantry. Egg noodles and rice noodles would also be great options.
How to Store
Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They will last 3-4 days.
You could freeze leftovers for up to 3 months, but the texture won’t be as good. The sugar snap peas and the water chestnuts won’t keep much of their crunch. And the noodles will be very soft. Place in the refrigerator to defrost the day before you want to reheat it.
How to Reheat
I like to reheat the lo mein in a skillet over medium heat. Heat it until it is warmed through, occasionally giving it a gentle stir.
More Great Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta from Damn Delicious
Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles or pasta, egg noodles, etc
- In a large 6-quart slow cooker, add the onion. Spread the onion into an even layer. Place the chicken thighs in an even layer on top of the onion.
- Top the chicken with the broccoli, carrots, and celery.
- In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.*
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot. Add the snow peas and water chestnuts. Stir well.
- Gently shred the chicken into large bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles or pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles and the shredded chicken to the crock pot. Stir well.
- Turn off the heat. Let the noodles rest in the saue for 5 minutes before serving.