Monkey bread is such an easy recipe. It’s pull apart bread made in a bundt pan with biscuits rolled in cinnamon sugar and gooey with melted butter and brown sugar.
Monkey bread is sweet and decadent. But, it’s so quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for feeding a crowd at your next brunch.
It only requires a few ingredients and one of those ingredients is refrigerated biscuit dough.
How To Make Monkey Bread
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Pull apart 2 tubes of refrigerated biscuit dough.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chunks of biscuit dough.
- Stir until the biscuits are completely coated in cinnamon sugar.
- Add melted butter and brown sugar to a bowl.
- *Optional* Add chopped pecans.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon half of the cinnamon sugar biscuits into a bundt pan.
- Pour half of the butter mixture over the biscuits.
- Repeat with another layer of cinnamon sugar biscuits and melted butter.
- Bake. Then, let it cool in the bundt pan for about 10 minutes.
- Place a large serving plate over the top of the bundt pan.
- Carefully flip the plate and bundt pan over.
- Remove the bundt pan.
Can This Be Made Ahead
Sort of. I wouldn’t assemble the whole recipe ahead of time. But, a lot of the prep work can be done.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Toss the biscuit chunks in the cinnamon sugar. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Measure out the butter, brown sugar, and chopped pecans (if using). Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
How To Store Leftovers
Store in a sealed container, or completely covered in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 4 days. It can be stored in the refrigerator, but it tastes better longer when it is stored at room temperature.
Try These Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- Banana French Toast Casserole from The Salty Marshmallow
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video Below.
Best Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (16 oz.) tubes refrigerated homestyle biscuit dough
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans *optional*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Separate the biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces.
- Add the biscuit pieces to the bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Stir well to make sure each piece of biscuit is well coated.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Whisk until well combined.
- Spoon half of the cinnamon sugar biscuit mixture into the bundt pan.
- Pour half of the butter mixture evenly over the biscuits. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and butter mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool in the bundt pan for 8-10 minutes*.
- Invert the bundt pan onto a large serving plate. Carefully remove the bundt pan.