Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole – strawberries, blueberries, & cubed bread coated in a sweet maple & brown sugar custard; then baked. French toast casserole is easy to make. The hardest part is cutting up a loaf of french bread. And that’s not hard, just tedious.
Make this Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole the morning you want to eat it, or make ahead and let it chill overnight for an easy wake and bake breakfast.
You may also like my Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole.
I’m also loving this Baked Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole.
Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole
Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole - strawberries, blueberries, & cubed bread coated in a sweet maple & brown sugar custard; and baked. A great make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe.
Servings: 10 servings
Calories: 314kcalPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 16 oz. French bread, cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the bread, strawberries, and blueberries to a large mixing bowl. Gently stir to combine. Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish, spreading evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined and no brown sugar lumps remain. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. Use the back of a wooden spoon to push the bread chunks down into the egg mixture until all the bread is coated.*
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Once the casserole is assembled, it can be covered and refrigerated overnight (up to around 14 hours). Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes covered. Then bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Serving: 1/10th of the recipe | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 2.6mgPin This Recipe
Follow Me On Pinterest!Click Here To Follow @AmandasEasyRecipes
Rebecca Hubbell says
I love mixed berry everything and this french toast casserole is just one more excuse to enjoy them!
Wow! This would be fantastic for Mother’s Day or Easter brunch! So easy to make too! Great recipe!
My husband loves bitchin kitchen, he was extremely happy to wake up Sunday to this fabulous mixed berry French toast casserole.
Thank you this recipe is bitchen