Apple Pie Hack Recipe – Fold pie crust around 4 sections of apple pie filling and other toppings for a fun layered pie treat.
TikTok Viral Recipe Wrap Challenge
A few months ago, a quesadilla hack recipe went viral on TikTok. A tortilla was used to wrap around several types of quesadilla filling, creating great layers of flavor. Then, the #wrapchallenge took off and people started posting lots of variations of the quesadilla hack.
I think it’s a cool concept. So, I wanted to try the hack using pie crust and different fun pie fillings and toppings.
How To Make The Apple Pie Hack
- Roll out a pie crust (I used store bought)
- Cut a slit half way through.
- Add apple pie filling to 1/4 of the crust just to the left of the slit.
Be sure to leave 1/2 to 1 inch of crust on the outer edges of the pie. These edges will get pinched together later.
- Add caramel sauce to 1/4 of the crust just above the apple pie filling.
- Top the caramel sauce with Reese’s pieces.
- Add more apple pie filling to the right of the Reeses.
- Add cinnamon graham crackers to the last section of pie crust.
- Fold the bottom left section with apple pie filling up and over the section with Reeses pieces.
- Pinch the outer edge of that section together to seal it shut.
- Fold that section to the right over the apple pie filling.
- Pinch the outer edge together.
- Fold that section down over the cinnamon graham crackers.
- Pinch the outer edges of the crust together to seal it shut.
- Fold and press the outer edge under the pie.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the pie.
- Brush the top and edges with milk.
- Brush the bottom seam (next to the graham crackers) with milk.
- Pinch the bottom seam closed.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into fourths.
Check out these other folding hack recipes.
- Beef Quesadilla Hack from The cookie Rookie
- Reese’s Cookie Wrap from Bakerish
Apple Pie Hack Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling
- 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- 2 squares graham cracker cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- Roll out the pie crust into an even circle. Cut a slit half way through the pie crust.
- In the bottom left fourth of the pie crust (next to the slit), add about 1/4 cup of apple pie filling. Be sure to leave clost to an inch of pie crust around the outer edge.
- In the section above that, add a layer of caramel sauce. Top the caramel with Reese's pieces.
- To the right of the Reese's pieces, add another section of apple pie filling.
- In the bottom right fourth of the crust, add a layer of graham crackers.
- Take the bottom left section with apple pie filling, and fold it up and over the section with the Reese's pieces. Pinch the outer pie crust to seal it together.
- Fold that top left section to the right over the pie filling. Pinch the outer crust together.
- Fold that top section down over the graham crackers. Pinch the outer crust together. Fold and press the outer crust down under the pie. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the pie to the baking sheet.
- Brush the top and sides with a thin layer of milk. Brush the bottom seam (next to the layer of graham crackers) with milk. Gently press the seam to seal the pie. Try not to tear any crust.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle the pie with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Slice into 4 pieces
Check out more of my dessert recipes.
I’ve never seen Reeses Pieces paired with apple pie before! I have to try this out. But I’m obsessed with this foldover technique!