Blueberry Buttermilk Custard Pie – This extra sweet buttermilk pie recipe is full of blueberries and creamy custard. Such an easy dessert!
Southern Blueberry Buttermilk Pie
This pie is very popular in the South. The buttermilk gives the custard a perfectly creamy consistency. There’s quite a bit of sugar in this recipe to offset the tartness of the buttermilk, making the pie extra sweet.
How To Make This Buttermilk Pie Recipe
*Note: The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
- Add sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Whisk to combine
- Add flour and salt.
- Whisk until combined.
- Stir in some blueberries.
- Place a pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour the pie filling into the crust.
- Cool and chill.
I like to use fresh blueberries in the Spring and Summer. In the cooler months, I use frozen blueberries that have been thawed.
Try These Other Easy Dessert Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For This Creamy Blueberry Pie In This Post
Buttermilk Blueberry Custard Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries that have been thawed
- 1 9-inch pie crust unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt. Whisk until no dry flour remains.
- Add the blueberries. Gently stir until well incorporated.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.