Loaded Vegetable Egg Bake – This healthy breakfast casserole is loaded with veggies. It’s easy and can be made ahead of time.
Vegetarian Egg Bake Breakfast
This easy breakfast casserole skips the breakfast meats and instead calls for lots of flavorful sautéed veggies and cheese.
How To Make This Healthy Egg Bake
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, garlic, dried rosemary, and dried thyme.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Spread the sautéed veggies in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before slicing.
Can This Be A Make Ahead Breakfast
Yes! Just assemble the casserole according to the recipe directions. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and let the casserole come to room temperature as the oven is preheating. Then, bake for 35-40 minutes, until the center set and reaches 165 degrees F.
Try These Other Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole
- Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Watch The Recipe Video For Loaded Vegetable Egg Bake In This Post
Loaded Vegetable Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 7x11 (or 9x9) inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the oil to a large non-stick skillet and place over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the spinach, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the vegetables into the baking dish. Spread them into an even layer. Let the vegetables cool for 5 minutes.
- Top the vegetables with shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Slowly pour the eggs evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Sophie Heath says
This recipe is so perfect for breakfast! super easy to make and delicious!
YUM! I love how simple this is to throw together, and I can eat on it all week! Plus, it helps me get my veggies in which is always a struggle for me!
This recipe looks so much filling and delicious.
This was excellent! Great way to get more veggies into my husband lol. Thanks!