Raspberry Banana Bread – Easy quick bread recipe full of mashed bananas and fresh raspberries. This sweet bread is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Banana Bread With Raspberries
If you like raspberries, you’ll love this sweet bread full of berries in almost every bite.
This is a standard banana bread recipe with the addition of a full pint of fresh raspberries folded in just before baking.
It’s a great way to use up over ripe bananas and berries.
How To Make Raspberry Banana Bread
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add very ripe bananas to a large bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir well.
- Add fresh raspberries.
- Gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
How To Store Raspberry Banana Bread
Store the bread in a sealed container. Can it be stored at room temperature? Yes. However, I HIGHLY recommend storing it in the refrigerator. The bread gets even more moist after it has had a chance to rest in the fridge.
In fact, I typically try to make banana bread the day before I want to serve it so it can have some time chill.
How Long Will It Last
At room temperature, it will last up to three days.
But, in the refrigerator, it will stay good for up to a week. I think it has the best texture from after 8 hours in the refrigerator to around day four.
Try These Other Great Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Coffee Cake Muffins from Damn Delicious
Watch The Recipe Video For Raspberry Banana Bread Below
Raspberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 large over ripe bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or your preferred baking oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries (6 oz. or about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork until mostly smooth.
- Add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until no dry flour remains.
- Add the raspberries. Gently stir them into the batter, trying not to mash the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out with moist crumbs, but no raw batter on it.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and transfer it to a wire baking rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.